My name is Amy and I don’t know how I got my name, but evidently is was popular in the ’70s because I knew eight other Amys in college! I have a wonderful husband named Andy, an amazing daughter named Mirabelle and three fun-spirited dogs—Elvis, Emma and Claire. I have been an Art & Soul member for about three years.
Favorite Art & Soul memory… Hmmm, that is hard because several come to mind. My favorite ones are around letting loose and embracing my inner child. The three that stand out are: making a tent in CADP and throwing ribbon scrap confetti all around while delighting in the colors; chasing Amanda around with a big colorful scarf in a Friday Night Frolic; feeling completely safe and vulnerable enough to let the tears flow in Painting the Pollen Path.
Last show binge-watched? Currently watching The Sinner. Finished Season 1 in a couple of days; now on Season 2.
Movie you love… What About Bob
Guilty pleasure… Mochi!
Favorite vacation… I love to travel, and my favorite trips are when I can navigate around a city on foot and on public transportation and just wander, eat, pop in a museum, get coffee and another snack at a great local café and then walk around some more.
Favorite holiday… Halloween
Favorite food… Pho & Thai food
“Your” song… “Lovely Day” by Bill Withers
Something you’d like to learn in the next year… More fun painting techniques!
Craziest thing you believed as a kid… That 20 was old, then 30 was old, then 40 was old … ha!
Here are the keys to a time machine. When are you going to first? 20 years in the future to see my daughter.
What makes you laugh? Corny jokes, dry humor
What superpower would you like to have?
To fly and to be able to breathe underwater. Can I have two?
How old were you when you had your first celebrity crush and who was it?
Lenny Kravitz when I was 17.
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness? Peace, love and a vegan planet.
2. What is your greatest fear? Losing people I love.
3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? Self-doubt
4. What is the trait you most deplore in others? Intolerance
5. Which living person do you most admire? Tracy Chapman
6. What is your greatest extravagance? Fresh flowers. I buy a bouquet or two or three every week.
7. What is your current state of mind? Curious and calm
8. Which words or phrases do you most overuse? I love her. I love that. That is so cool.
9. What is your most treasured possession? Art collected from artists I know.
10. What is your motto? Every day is a good day.