Name and any story behind how you got it…
Named after my daddy Edward Kelley Dreaden
July 29, 1963
I’m the baby of three girls. I have four awesome adult children and four amazing grandchildren.
Art and Soul Member since…
I can’t remember when I joined but I DO recall my initial phone conversation with Pat Halper and wishing I’d listened to my gut three years sooner!!!
I have been using alcohol-based markers on canvas just to see what would happen. Drops of hand sanitizer help to blend colors and create a muddled, washed out appearance.
A favorite Art & Soul memory?
I have a few—I’ll go with the time I went weeks deep on a play piece in the installation area at 12 South. I still reflect on the discoveries of that experience and the gratitude for the generous gift of that time and space.
Last TV show you binge-watched? Alone
Most recent read… I don’t read I just look at the pictures like Andy Warhol.
Movie you love…Terms of Endearment
Guilty pleasure… Gummy bears
Favorite vacation…Toes in the water somewhere
Favorite holiday…The Christmas season
Favorite food… Potatoes—every which way
“Your” song…"Landslide" by Fleetwood Mac and "Heart of Gold" by Neil Young
Something you’d like to learn in the next year…
I’ve never painted with oils … perhaps I’ll try that or learn to bake the perfect scone.
Craziest thing you believed as a kid…
Something my best friend told me ... she said her dog, Flip, could never have puppies because she ate raw bacon.
Here are the keys to a time machine. When are you going to first?
I’d like to go back to 1988 and raise my children all over again.
What makes you laugh?
Babies, kittens, their innocence and curiosity.
What superpower would you like to have?
Ha! Flying of course!!
How old were you when you had your first celebrity crush and who was it?
My mom watched the TV show Mannix with Mike Connors (1967-1975) and I recall thinking he was terribly handsome and smart and brave.
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness? Small things/great love
2. What is your greatest fear? Leaving some measure of love unspoken, undone.
3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? Procrastination
4. What is the trait you most deplore in others? Dishonesty
5. Which living person do you most admire? USA Olympian Simone Biles
6. What is your greatest extravagance?
Bottle-feeding/fostering/adopting kittens, and kittens, and KITTENS!!!
7. What is your current state of mind? Pensive
8. Which words or phrases do you most overuse? “More will be revealed.”
“This, too, shall pass.”
9. What is your most treasured possession? My birthing slippers
10. What is your motto? Be still and know.